Who's making it?
I'm not going to have enough time to do this myself. For that reason, anyone that wants to take the time to learn the tools is invited to be part of the team. Just add ikcilapmada on skype and let me know that you're interested.
What's being made?
I've got two projects in mind: One is a DBZ Tribute port and the other is developed alongside it using the same basic mechanics but in an original world.
When is the project starting?
Why Dota 2?
A few reasons:
- The game and the editor are completely free and anyone can use them.
- The player base for Dota 2 is currently huge.
- Dota 2 and its editor are in constant development, whereas wc3 hasn't seen any significant updates in a long time.
- The editor looks incredibly powerful
- There is a very large amount of people developing content for the game.
- There will (probably) be very few limits on the size of the map. This means a lot of highly detailed models (probably) can be added. One of the biggest issues with wc3 was trying to keep the map size under a few MB. You never really had the freedom to do a full conversion map with wc3.
- It looks beautiful.
Where do I sign?
Add ikcilapmada on skype and let me know who you are and that you would like to help. We'll proceed from there.
How do I get started?