This is a follow up to the previous post. Attached to this post will be every imported file used within the map. Anyone that wishes to edit them by modifying textures, creating new skins, changing animations, etc. is welcome to do so. I'll be including some tutorials in the near future.
- Mdlvis - User friendly program for editing animations, vertices, etc.
- War3modeleditor - Does everything that Mdlvis won't. Make portraits, particle emitters, attachment points, animated textures, etc.
- BLP Lab - Convert .blp files to an image format that is editable in your program of choice. (Recommend GIMP or Photoshop)
What you can do:
- Create your own custom skins for heroes (tutorial coming soon)
- Anyone that makes a skin will automatically have access to the skin they have created.
- You can decide who can use the skin (self only, donors only, or available to everyone)
- If donors only, I'm more than willing to split donations when someone requests your skin
- Improve model animations
- There are a few models that have less than stellar animations (Looking at Future Trunks' attack animations, just as an example.)
- Improving existing textures
- This is probably the easiest job. If you're more artistically inclined, you can edit the skins to your liking and if they appear to be an improvement, they will replace the existing ones.
- Easy jobs: Making the colors right, adding some texture to areas of the model that lack it.
- Improving models
- If you have a bit of experience in 3d modeling, you can make improvements to the geometry / UV mapping of existing models.
- The super saiyan hair for most characters is far from perfect, just as an example.
- Some models lack collision shapes. That's an easy improvement.
- Particle effects
- Create your own auras or improve existing particles.
- Anyone that makes a particle effect that is good enough to be put into the game will be given access to the +aura and -aura commands.